Friday, August 20, 2010

Sneak Peek Friday with Studio JRU

TGIF!
I am so glad to be done with that week. It has been a challenge for me to get back into the swing of things. Wasn't I was just talking to you about being exited to get back to a routine?
Must have been delusional.
Fun post today.
My sweet friend Jennifer, over at STUDIO JRU http://www.studiojru.com/ has a wonderful challenge for the brave and creative. Every Friday she will challenge us to post a peek on what we're doing in the studio. I totally love this idea because it helps to create a community. By sharing ourselves with each other, creatively or spiritually, we are building a community of support. It's not easy to put ourselves out there, but if you are an artist, writer, musician, etc... there will eventually come a day where you'll have to dive in. Let us be there to catch you.
SOOOO...here's what i'm working on this week. This is great timing because I just cleaned my studio last weekend:)

Mixing my love for modern abstract and collage. Not near done but lovin' this process!

Mary piece on wood block and cherry still life. These two must be finished today for a show tomorrow. Please no rain or 95 degree temperatures. I have had 3 shows in a row with rain or heat.

Thank you for taking a sneak peek into my favorite room. Stop over to visit STUDIO JRU and check out what some of your fellow bloggers are in to.

Looking for inspiration or a fun challenge?

Click on Jennifer's STUDIO JRU or Paulette Insall's CREATE BY FAITH blog buttons found here. These are weekly challenges and a great way to BUILD COMMUNITY.

Have an INSPIRING weekend!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jill. Love your work! Beautiful! And thanks so much for your inspirational post. For me..it's been a tough process putting myself out there..your words on that point meant a lot.

    Your studio space is lovely. It could easily be my favorite place too. :))

    Have a great weekend!

    Hugs of Georgia Sunshine,
    Terri Smith
    Dimples & Dragonflies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your paintings look awesome!!! What a neat space. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your work! such a neat combination of textures, colors, and themes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i so love the new look of your blog, the butterfly wings...so symbolic of where you are in your life!
    i am happy to see where you do your creating, i can have a visual now of your space! the pieces you are working on are lovely!
    i like your backpack list...and so love that you would not take a bra! lol! woman after my own heart!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome inspireN post ... sweet 2 meet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing!!! LOVING your collage work :) and what a pretty studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ok... look at you and your awesome CLEAN studio!! ;) I love the pieces you are working on. The Mary piece is SO pretty... I hope you get a shot of the finished piece! Can't wait to hear about the show!!

    Thank you so much for joining in the Sneak Peek Friday party... and for your sweet words about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great studio ... love your work! Can't wait to see the finished pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to meet you ...love where you create and what you create. Are those straw hats? Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love to see the finished Mary...the hat valance is very charming and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jill I really love the new look of the blog. And the pieces are on the way to being AMAZING. I love the contrast of the yelow with the cherries. Bravo friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sweet comments. Finally home and it was a good show. Hope your shows are going good too:) Almost time for the busy season!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jill your studio looks great! I still haven't unpacked mine! Your works in progress look great. I don't know why I can't resist anything with cherries!

    ReplyDelete