Monday, June 21, 2010

Dare to Love Monday!

HAPPY MONDAY! I am excited to introduce you to a great lady who, like last weeks guest Bev, has become a friend. Meet the talented Jodi Ulschmid ..... www.enduringarts.blogspot.com http://www.etsy.com/shop/enduringarts

I have enjoyed getting to know Jodi through her blog, where she shares her life as an artist, wife and young mother. Her journey takes me back to the days of raising little toddlers and how those times are such a blessing, though sometimes very challenging. Jodi is a driven, talented artist who is trying to juggle life on life's terms. She has a love of God, family, and art!! My kinda gal.

1. Why did you decide to start a blog? I originally planned on creating a website with some of my artwork to get it out in the world for more people to see. I had it pretty much designed but never uploaded it. That was before I even knew about Etsy. Then some time later a family member started blogging and my husband decided to start a blog to showcase some of his woodworking projects (http://wispwoods.wordpress.com/) and encouraged me to do the same with my artwork. Not having to pay for a site and being able to share more than just artwork was wonderful! My blog keeps evolving and pushing me creatively. I have learned so much from starting a blog and reading others as well. 2. Who is your favorite blogger? Please post their link. Honestly I don't have just one favorite. There are so many wonderful blogs I follow and each one touches me differently. Some have gorgeous photography and energy, some have inspiring words... faith and/or quote related, and others make some fantastic creations. I will start introducing some on my blog soon, so if you are interested in seeing a few I found to be heart warming, inspirational and lovely please stop by (http://www.enduringarts.blogspot.com/)anstick and stick around for a while. I would love to share them with you. This post would turn into a book if I listed them all now. :) 3. As an artist, what has been the best way to promote your work? I am definitely still in the beginning/learning stages. I know you can't sit back and wait for people to find you. You have to keep creating and networking so people know your shop exists. For me one of the best things I have done is to continually add new items to my Etsy shop. When I run out of stuff to add I renew one or two items to bump my work back up to the top of the list. Good photos and descriptions are also necessary. 4. What art supply could you not live without? If you're going for the bare essentials I would have to say my drawing pencils. My art always starts with the pencil. You may not see it in the finished product, but it serves as the groundwork. Can't have a tree without the roots; I can't have an art piece without my pencil. 5. If you weren’t an artist, who would you be? If I wasn't an artist I would go back to a marketing job to use my graphic design degree. If not that, I would focus on flipping more houses or doing something with real estate. Ever since my husband and I went searching for our first home, I fell in love with houses and finding their potential. Turning something dreadful into something lovely is such a high! (and no not from the fumes you breathe from the renovating process!)

****************************

Thank you for stopping in to meet Jodi! Please visit her at her ETSY shop or BLOG to see her many talents. DARE TO LOVE!

10 comments:

  1. hi jill! thanks for introducing jodi to us...i am going to hop over and check things out...
    have a good week girlfriend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the feature Jill! I'm so lucky to have met you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, I'm lovin all these interview that you do, enjoy gettina glimpse into these women's lives.

    I've changed my blog url to sacredheartist.blogspot.com. Do come by visit when you've the time!

    Love n light,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feature! What a great idea to feature different bloggers!

    : )Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 <3 <3 that giant baby painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview. Always good to read about new people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog and interview! I found you on an Etsy forum! You can find me here:

    http://nomieecoware.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice interview! I love discovering new fellow artists!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feature, it was great to learn more about this amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete