BUT....let me tell you...God's Glory did show up yesterday! I guess He wanted you all to see Him:) Bare with me as this is the longest post ever and probably has a lot of spelling and grammar errors!
-Wake at 7:30 as usual, not a morning person so I was the last one up. Talk to God in prayer before I open my eyes and offer Him my day...I have few rules but this is one of them and it has helped transform my life.
-Let my posse outside to do their business ( 3 black dogs who follow me around and wait for me to look their way or possibly drop some food)
-Make the kids lunches, brush my sons hair, and kiss them on their way out the door.
-Let dogs out 3 more times!
- Read a little of the paper, answer a few emails, drink coffee.
- My sweet friend calls and we talk about God and how great he is for 45 min! We agree on meeting for adoration (prayer in God's Holy presence through the Eucharist) on Friday am and to do a nine day prayer (novena) for her prayer intentions.
-Meanwhile my alarm is going off up stairs for 2 hours...chirping birds and I kinda like it so I leave it.
- My amazing bible study group arrives at 9:15 and because I have been yackin on the phone I answer the door in my pj's and haven't brushed my hair or teeth. Luckily they love me and luckily I don't care...I just got off the phone with a godly women and I was high as a kite.
-Bible study lasts for 2 1/2 hours as one of my sisters was going through some hard things and she needed lots of prayer and council. After the convo. we were all pumped up because we had some hope in her struggle which had not been there for a very long time. Around that time an Eastern Blue Bird shows up right outside the window, a few feet from where we were sitting. Well the Holy Spirit knows I love birds and they all stand for different things in my heart when i see them...hope, love, peace, danger, God's presence etc...so He sends them to me all the time.
- Brush hair and teeth...at 11:30, YUCK!
- Work-out to Jackie Warner on-demand video for 35 minutes and she kicks my fat butt. Thanks Jackie, needed it!
-Shower, and get ready.
- Pick up the kids at 3:00. Listen about there day and always enjoy hearing it. Unless they are at each others throats and I then tell them to stop talking.
-Spend 25 minutes getting groceries and get up to check-out line to pay. The cash I thought i put in my purse is not there and my atm card is not working. ALDI's doesn't take credit so I ask the cashier to put a hold on my receipt and let others go through the line while I call my hubby (who says " what do you want me to do" I don't know, wave your magic wand?) and frantically search my purse. As I'm looking through my purse, a women comes over, hands me my receipt, and says " here, I've taken care of it". I say in shock " What? Oh please no". And she turns and heads right out the door with me yelling 'THANK YOU!" I immediately start crying like a baby because of her generosity, but mostly because of the experience I had shopping the week prior.
- Week prior-My son and I were at Aldi's , doing my weekly food shopping. We start talking with a elderly man in a wheelchair while grabbing a carton of milk. He was poor in appearance and had a strong odor and he started to tell me where I could get free groceries and free meals. We chatted for awhile and I went on with my shopping, helping him here in there, put food in his bag whenever i saw him needing assistance. While I was in the last aisle of the store, getting ready to check out, the Holy Spirit says " Buy that man's food". So I tell the Holy Spirit " OK, I will if he gets behind me in line" I know, pretty stubborn, huh? So of course the old man gets behind me in the line and I purchase his food. Really it was no big deal and more a Blessing to me then the old man I'm sure. Plus my son was all jazzed and it was a great opportunity to witness to him as well that sweet old man.
Back to yesterday...weeping in Aldi's. People are staring of course and all I could hear the Holy Spirit say was " I will never be out done in generosity". WOW, what a moment! I will be donating $83.12 to my church, the exact amount the kind women paid for my groceries.
- Run home, unload the food and get on homework with the kids.
-Go out at 5:oo to my sisters boutique for a open house she has been working very hard to plan. Drink champagne and get treated like "Pretty Women" as i buy the cutest hat and purse for $40 with %50 off, bill equals my exact budget! Yeah! I usually hate shopping but had a blast and felt really cute and very frugal leaving her cute little shop .
- 7:00, go and visit my girlfriend and her new baby who arrived almost 2 month premature. While holding the 4 1/2 lbs. baby boy, looking over his tiny hands, I feel the presence of God's might and perfection.
-Get home at 8:30 and at 8:45 a dear girlfriend calls, crying over a really sad issue she has been dealing with. We talk for 45 minutes and we both feel better, hopeful that God has this all under control.
- Kids asleep, disappointment because i didn't kiss them goodnight. Bad Mommy!!
-Husband waiting in our prayer room to do 2 Novenas and Holy Rosary.
- End prayer at 9:57 and kiss hubby goodnight. He goes to bed at 10:00 every night...he's so good!
- Answer a few more emails and watch TV for an hour, flipping through the stations because it is all trash. Give up and go to bed.
- Prayers of gratitude as I'm in awe of God's Glory and that He would allow me, a lowly housewife, be a witness to His Kingdom! Fall fast asleep.
I KNOW!!!! Crazy good stuff huh?! What a week I'm having as one of my bff's is picking me up in an hour to do portrait drawing with a live model for 3 hours!
I love this crazy roller-coaster ride God has me on! So why was I in the valley last week? I guess so that the mountain would be even higher. Like my Priest always reminds me, this is not Heaven. But boy, I felt like i was there yesterday.
I pray that you too yearn for His Glory. He is faithful, never outdone.