Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dare to Share Tip #4

I apologize for taking so long getting this post out! Last week I received a healthy dose of how to prioritize my life, using those same priorities I've mentioned in previous posts. I can't help but think I may have been tested because it sure felt that way. I hope I passed! Unfortunately blogging, among a few other things had to take a back seat. I realize, yet once again, that I just can't do it all. Which brings me to this last tip on what I've done to grow my business. It is by far the biggest challenge for me, even though it has had the greatest results in my life and business.

Tip # 4 Dare to BELIEVE!

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!

TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR LIFE!

Been there...did that...didn't work!

The single best thing I have done to grow my business is turning the wheel over to God and letting Him drive. I had to invite God into my art, my marketing plan, and my feelings of not being good enough. AND as if that wasn't hard enough, I've had to learn to move in God's time, patiently trusting him in the speed He was taking me. I've had to turn my life over to Him, trusting Him to know better and do better than what I think I want for myself. As I've said, God gives us our gifts for a reason, but these gifts are given only to Glorify Him...not Glorify us!

To be honest, I struggle to give over all control to God and trust Him. Talking with some dear friends today, we agreed that this has to be the biggest challenge in growing our faith. As a Mom, I can't help but think how crushed I would be if my children told me they didn't trust me. I could even handle it better if they said they didn't love me anymore, because I know that wouldn't be the truth. But not trust me! That would cut to the bone. I wonder how our Lord must feel when we don't trust. Is it because trust is something earned, not given? Is it because trust is more easily broken than love? Sometimes it seems we can give our love easier than our trust, shouldn't that be the other way around?

I don't have the answers but through God's Holy word He tells us:

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome.

Jeremiah 29:11

Thank you for letting me share my heart today and for allowing me to speak my truth in these Dare to Share posts for my business and life. May your heart always be open to God's will and trusting that He has a great plan just for you.

3 comments:

  1. Great post Jill! So true. We always want things to happen on our time but if we just be patient and allow God to do his work it often turns out better and bigger than we could have imagined. Trusting is hard... hard when we can't see what's coming our way. Letting go of control and giving that to God is something I have to work on everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Jill! I feel like I am always telling myself, "in HIS time... not my time... HIS perfect time". :) I have always loved that verse. HIS plans for us are always for the best. What a wonderful thing to KNOW! Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. A blogger who can't spell? That's me:)

    ReplyDelete