Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More on Being Real

In keeping with the spirit of my last post, I wanted to share this video from country singer BRAD PAISLEY. If you have never seen it, check it out...totally hysterical! Always makes me laugh. And it is so true! Here in blogland I often wonder what people are REALLY like? I have had the pleasure of meeting some of you and can honestly say your blog doesn't do you justice! I also know a few people who blog and they are nothing like the blogs they write. So sad because it shows in their writing. Don't get me wrong, I try and put my best foot forward too, as I do in my everyday real life. No one wants to log onto a whiny, bitchy blog everyday (and believe me I can be those things like what I'm kinda doig right now!). But I also try and keep it real. As I've posted before, I never expected to blog about my faith journey as often as i do and I thought people that posted their kid's pictures were asking for trouble. I just thought I would have a cute little art blog that would promote my work and workshops. I have grown to trust you and myself more through blogging and now post any old thing, when ever the mood hits me. This is not a numbers game for me, it is an extention of who I am. Not saying I don't try to encourage or inspire you and I'm not saying I would mind more followers. Just saying I would rather have 10 followers on a similar journey, then 4000 followers who really don't care to have a connection with me or what I care about or struggle with. I feel so blessed that this blog is growing and you actually care about reading it! In the next few week I am going to invite you to check out some of my favorite blogs. These blogs are written by genuine women who have touched my heart. Jen at FINDING HEAVEN is like that. Stop over and visit her for a glimpse into her authentic life and journey of Faith. Enjoy the show...

9 comments:

  1. Jill, I really liked this post. And I love Brad Paisley and this song. I am getting a great laugh here, visualizing bloggers living like this song.

    In all seriousness, I am with you; I value honesty and integrity in the connections I make with my blog friends and my real life friends, too.

    Wishing you a happy new year!

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with you Jill:)about Jen!:) I have wondered that same question...about what people are really like. This can be such an arena for all kinds of "stuff". I think we just have to trust our gut...and everything comes will come out in the wash..or so they say:)
    glad you sent an email!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you know what I realized?? I forgot to follow you?? I try to follow all my SDG girls, but somehow some people got missed. So, here you are...a new follower (even though I read you already).

    So, Jill. You totally and completely blessed me today. Thank you, sweet sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop over to Tiffini's blog to see Jen's guest post...wow...what an amazing display of genuine vulnerability.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I totally agree...Blogging or real life.. it has to be real!
    Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by after I got your email, and so glad I did. I like your honest talk here -- thanks for putting your thoughts and opinions right on the page (screen) -- that takes courage!

    Lovely to meet you, Jill...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jill,

    So I haven't met anyone from blogland in real life yet. The whole idea is kind of crazy, kind of scary, but I often wonder what it would be like. . . maybe one day!

    So glad you mentioned Jen, and I totally agree with you about followers. There are so many of the "follow me, I will follw you" things, and I hate them. What's the point?

    I just noticed you are in Fishers. I used to be an Indiana girl. I went to Ball State.

    Can't wait to read some of your favorite blogs. I always like hearing new voices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jill, I am so pleased that you have allowed your faith to seep through. Reading the ups and downs of a fellow sojourner makes the bumps easier to take and the joys well...more cause to CELEBRATE! xoRobin

    ReplyDelete