Monday, May 24, 2010

little minis under $20

Remember the other day when I stole some time in my studio? Here's the final result! These are ACEOs or other wise known as Art Card Editions or Originals and they were oh so fun to make.
I used stamps, acrylic paints, alcohol inks, paint pen, chalk pencil, and a piece of wire screen. Then I threw on a little wire hanger that is usually used to hold a photo. Yeah!

I have been trying to come up with some original art with a lower price point to appeal to the ETSY shopper. I have been asked many times if I could do some prints of my work so that more people could afford to buy it. After thinking on this awhile, I've decided I'm just not comfortable with prints, no offense to those of you doing prints but it's just not the direction I want to go.

So... this is the compromise. The average $ amount spent on ETSY is between 15-20$, so offering these little minis for $9 should satisfy the ETSY shopper. I would love some feedback on this price point so I know if I'm in the right ballpark.

Now I need to get busy making more, oh if I must:) Want some tips on your ETSY business? Check out this cool blog http://etsybusinesstips.blogspot.com/.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jill! Love your little happies. I hope they are a hit on Etsy but I'm sure you enjoyed making them so much that it probably doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colors... very uplifting and inspirational! :) Good luck! and $9.00 seems a very fair price for these beautiful pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete