Saturday, May 11, 2013

Finding my way through the Dark

HOME



Dear Heart,
 
Finding my way through the dark these days...or should I say the incredibly bright, can't even bare to look, light. Yes...let's call it that... TBL...the blinding light!
 
TBL is amazing, warm, soothing and nourishes my thirsty soul. The problem is, I've become so unfamiliar with TBL that is feels like dark...and I'm scrambling around. What do I do with all this love? Now don't get me wrong...no pity party here, I'm loving it. But as a wife and mom, as the servant God has called me to be ( us all to be) ...How am I the one being served? I even tried to read a magazine on the back porch last week and noticed how uncomfortable it felt. Not to be doing something, just sitting there. This is not ok, this discomfort. This is not who God made me, any mothers and wife's, to be.

God has been speaking a lot to my heart about rest...so many passages about rest and restoration of the soul but here is one that really moves me...
 
"In repentance and rest you will be saved,
In quietness and trust is your strength.”
and then it goes on to say...
"But you were not willing."
Isaiah 30:15 
 
Ouch...it's the "but you were not willing" part that stings. Oh Lord, I'm willing...might have to remind me how!! Of course it's hard to rest right now with family in the background playing Aerosmith on 10! Feel like yelling out BE QUITE! Now the vacuum! Bad to complain about vacuuming, huh? Still feel like yelling!
 
This Mother's Day...I hope you rest! I hope that every mom will find themselves resting in the arms of Jesus. Can you picture that? Sitting on the lap of our Jesus...resting. AWWWWWWWWW. Now that feels good! Bask in TBL!
 
Please stop over on Mother's Day and visit Mixed Media May, where 30 international mixed media artist are offering interviews. My interview is scheduled for tomorrow...Mother's Day! So very cool and it's an honor to be part of this collaboration of talented artist.  
 
Hey beautiful you...Happy Mother's Day!!!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl....I'm late reading this post! Such lovely words. I can totally relate to this post. I have a very hard time with the rest part, and I am not big at letting anyone do things for me. I do best at serving others. I do need to learn to rest in the Lord...
    Miss you...

    Shug

    ReplyDelete